NOBEL BIOCARE DENTAL IMPLANTS
For years, your options for replacing missing teeth have been limited. There were bridges (1 to 3 missing teeth), partial dentures (several missing teeth in one area), and dentures (all of your teeth). These restorations are still used today, but now you have more options. At National Dental Oakland Gardens, we are proud to offer Nobel Biocare dental implants.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are just one of your many options for replacing missing teeth. They are the newest addition to the list. An implant is a small, titanium rod that is designed to be surgically inserted into your jawbone, and used to support your replacement tooth, or teeth. Implants rely on a process known as osseointegration, or the fusion of your jawbone to the titanium rod. When this happens, the implant becomes a strong, stable support, imitating the job of a natural tooth root.
WHY WE USE NOBEL BIOCARE
At National Dental, we proudly offer Nobel Biocare implants. Nobel Biocare is the leading manufacturer of dental implants in the world. They have a strong desire to restore the quality of life for all tooth loss patients, which has been driven by the discovery of osseointegration over 60 years ago. They are at the forefront of implant technology. Their simple designs provide superior support and aesthetics, and many of their products have become industry standards.
IMPLANTS FOR EVERY NEED
Everyone has different needs when it comes to replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are extremely customizable. They can be used to replace any number of missing teeth. For this reason, there are several types of dental implant:
- Single tooth implants. A single titanium rod, with a single crown, is used to replace one tooth.
- Multiple tooth implants (implant supported bridge). This type of implant is used to replace a section of several consecutive missing teeth.
- Implant supported a denture. Six to eight implants are used to support an entire arch of missing teeth.
- All-on-4® treatment concept. When you do not have sufficient bone mass for an implant supported a denture, this treatment concept can allow you to get implants without the need for a bone graft. Instead of six to eight implants, your teeth are supported on four.
DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
The process for getting your dental implants is a little more invasive than other replacement options, requiring a surgical procedure. We start with a local anesthetic. After it takes effect, we make incisions in your gum tissue, exposing the jawbone. Holes are drilled into the bone, creating room for the implants. They are then set in place, and your gums are stitched closed around them. You will be provided with a temporary restoration (tooth or multiple teeth) to use while you heal, helping to restore some of the normal functions of your mouth.
Healing can take several weeks to several months, depending mainly upon how many implants have been placed. We will monitor the progress of your healing, with the help of digital X-ray technology. This allows us to ensure that osseointegration is happening as it should.
Once you have healed, we begin the process of your permanent teeth. First, we take an impression of your mouth, which is sent to our lab. Next, our lab designs and then fabricates your new teeth. When they are ready, we will screw them into place. You leave with a set of fully functional, completely natural looking new teeth.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Implants have several benefits:
- Improved ability to eat, which improves digestion and overall nutrition.
- Your speech is improved, and others will be able to understand you.
- Improved oral health. Implants are also very easy to care for.
- Implants are stable and permanent, so you do not have to worry about them slipping out of place.
- They are more comfortable than dentures.
- Because the implants are inserted into your jawbone, they imitate the roots of your natural teeth, stimulating the bone and helping your jaw to remain strong.
Learn more about dental implants:
If you have suffered tooth loss, dental implants can restore your smile and the health of your mouth. Contact National Dental Oakland Gardens today at (718) 407-0574 to find out if dental implants are right for you.